Monday, August 06, 2007

Stupid Mondays



Monday: Taco Salad for grown ups / Taco "Bowls" for Kiddos (In scoop doritos)
Tuesday: Red Beans & Rice & Sausage
Wednesday: Crock Pot Chicken & Green Beans
Thursday: Mac & Cheese & fruit for kiddos w/ babysitter (Mom and Dad OUT for anniversary)
Friday: pizza


Non-menu related rant. Mondays are tough enough already without a 2.75 year old screaming and crying, "I want daddy" and "I don't want to go to school, I want you to stay home." I was thisclose to coming in to resign today, except that I'd have to deal with said 2.75 year old drama queen all day, EVERY DAY. To moms with babies - if you think leaving an infant is hard, just wait until they can talk and tell you exactly what they're thinking.

6 comments:

Kami said...

Ohhhhhh, yes. While I haven't had to leave my kid that much, Jon leaves, and I hear, "I want Daddy. You are no fun. Daddy is more funner. I want to sell you." And I'm like, stuck hearing this crap all day while eating my bon bons.

Since I am your friend, I am just going to say that 3 is a wholllllleeeee lot more "fun" than 2. I'm only telling you because I love you and stuff.

I guess we could do short trade-offs when they are being, well, their ages? They're always nicer for other people.

Anonymous said...

I love the salad in scoop doritos idea. great looking meal plan. Have a great week.

cassy said...

OMG, I know. We've been doing it everyday since mine was 15 months old and it's still like that every.single.morning.

Silly me for thinking it would get BETTER as she got older.

I feel the same. I'd like to just blow off work but then I'd have to deal with that all day. Sheesh.

Sorry.

Gail said...

Hang in there. My "E" would go through stages like that. They got better. Most of her "drama" was when she was hating the daycare she was at.

Colleen said...

I feel ya. My youngest has been doing that to me since he was 9 months old! He just turned 5. Still does it. If he does it on the first day of kindergarten, it will rip my heart out. :(

Melanie said...

I'm still having to peel my kid off me while he's kicking and screaming that he doesn't want to stay. Today I got him down and he stood in the window/door banging on it. Good times. I feel your pain :)