Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Merry Christmas from a bitch, part I.

Remember my post about, “hey, I’m not really a bitch?”

Well, I am. A big huge bitch who rains on your pretty pretty Christmas parade while you’re shopping at Kohls and not one, but TWO people cut in my damn line. I have the brain/mouth filter on 98.9% of the time but yesterday, the filter failed.

Oh, and I have no respect for religious people, either. After my first column ran in the DMN, someone e-mailed a letter to the editor complaining about me, and copied me for good measure.

I don’t know how the Little Ball of Hate does it. She must have a really really thick skin, because I know people are meaner to her, and about her, than this silly woman was about me. She said I was smug, and acted like I was better than religious people. I haven’t responded to her yet. I’m not sure that I’m going to (even though the DMN wants us to at least write a cursory, “thanks for reading, write a letter to the editor.”) since she’s already written to the editor. If I do write back to her, I think I’m going to say, “Thanks for your opinion, I’ll discuss it with my pastor, who I see (almost) EVERY SUNDAY IN CHURCH.”

Sigh. Merry Christmas. I’m in the spirit, I really am. I even tried to take a picture last night of both girls; E in her elf hat, and M in her santa cap. But the two year old whined about sitting next to her sister, and took off her sister’s hat. The 6 month old just wanted to chew on her Robeez. Not a good look for the Christmas picture. Maybe I can pose them when they’re asleep.

8 comments:

Kami said...

WTF? I cannot believe that ball of hate. Love that name, bu the way. So, you're above religious people? HUH.

I like the idea of telling her you'll talk to your pastor. What an assumming idiot.

Anonymous said...

But you ARE better than "religious" people. :p I think there is a difference between "faith-full" and "religious." She actually proved it with her lame letter to you/editor. Pfft.

emily said...

I thought your column was thoughtful and sincere. I'm not sure where that lady is coming from. I think she needs a swift kick in the rear.

Anonymous said...

A column? A column? How did I miss a link to the column?

Lori said...

I think your column was perfect. My better-half often says that the people who purport to be the most Christian, often arent.

Gail said...

"You say I'm a bitch like it's a bad thing?"

=)

Finelly said...

I didn't see anything wrong or smug with your column. (Other than the tears I had over the story.)

And let some bitches try to cut in front of me at the height of shopping season or any time for that matter. That's just plain rude! Good for you for asserting yourself!

Melanie said...

How rude! I think we should send someone to roundhouse kick her to the head!