Monday, July 16, 2007

I'm no Little Ball of Hate

My recent column.

One of the most interesting things about having a semi-regular column in the paper is the mail I get afterward. Usually, it's pretty polite, and pretty supportive.

Today, I got this:
"You need to understand something. The only thing people want to hear less from (more than a lawyer) is a female lawyer. Do your best to try to stay quiet."

Which just really makes me laugh.

Someone else accused me of being high. Which also made me laugh.

Then I was copied on an email by a city manager, to another concerned resident. The city manager forwarded this other person my column, and said he was sending it to the city council.

I guess he hasn't heard that he shouldn't listen to FEMALE lawyers.

4 comments:

Gail said...

You're kidding me. Someone had an issue with an intelligent article concerning water restrictions? Obviously, his lawn is an extension of his...well...you get the picture.

Cara said...

Your article was very well written. That comment, however, was obviously written by a chauvinist hillbilly who feels threatened by a smart woman.

I think it's ridiculous that people would be complaining about water restrictions this summer given the amount of rain we've had. And I totally agree with you about the short-sightedness of lifting those restrictions. That's really cool that the city manager forwarded it to the council!

Melanie said...

They need to get over themselves. That is crazy. I loved your article and agree with you. And not just because you are my friend :)

Kami said...

OMG. Seriously. You female lawyers...

So, Sharon filled up her pool in the dead of summer, huh? That's ballsy.