Wednesday, January 03, 2007

my dreams

It's the height of self-absorption, apparently, to blog about your dreams, but this one I found particularly interesting the other night.

I was somewhere, and President Bush was there. Some kind of official reception or something. I was perfectly polite and shook his hand, etc. Then he came by my table where I was standing. He said, in a kind of belligerent cowboy way, "I know you have something negative to say to me."

This was my chance to tell him what I thought, what's been on my mind. And I burst into tears. I said, "I'm sorry Mr. President. I don't want to be negative. But ever since I had my babies, my heart can't take the way this world is run. I can't believe in war, when other mothers are losing their babies. We have so many things to fix. I mean, what kind of schools are my babies going to go to? You have daughters, can't you understand that?"

In my dream, I just sobbed and held his hand. I don't remember if he said anything.

I don't put a lot of stock in dreams, necessarily. I've had a few that have been very meaningful to me, usually about my babies, but this one was interesting. I keep thinking about it and I've realized that the state of the world has probably affected me more than I realize.

For more on the state of the world, I enjoyed this article: 2006: The Year in Sex - So Long Sugar Tits I wished I could write that. Pretty funny and pretty sad. Again, here's to 2007.

2 comments:

Kami said...

Interesting dream. You could have at least whacked him one after your crying spell. GAH.

Melanie said...

Your dreams are way better than mine. Much more philosophical.