Thursday, May 03, 2007

HURRICANE Winds, y'all

Last night was a big storm for us. BIG. DH and I were standing at the windows, watching our trees lean over at a 45 degree angle. One baby tree in the back yard is wired to the fence, so as it bent over, we worried that it would take the fence with it.

But no trees were down this morning, the kids slept through, and we only lost power intermittently, enough to make my husband cuss repeatedly at the computer, and me just to give up on watching Lost.

Driving through our neighborhood this morning, everything looked normal, until I crossed town and went into the neighborhood where our daycare is. Every single tree had branches down, stop signs were uprooted. I saw fire men standing outside of the firehouse, looking at the roof that had been blown off. When we pulled into the daycare, the playground that E plays on has trees uprooted, and suncovers pulled off the covered areas. E said, "My playground! Broken!" Apparently we are lucky the daycare was open, as the whole section of town behind it still didn't have power.

One of the bitches was in a bathroom last night when the tornado sirens went off. One had a tree fall on her house. I think Mrs. DallasK and I live on the calm side of town.

2 comments:

Kami said...

It was fun. Good fun. Check out the yard on E. Pkwy. on your way home. On your right.

Melanie said...

Yeah, last night sucked. 6 people in a hall half-bath. And dogding overturned construction barrels the whole way home. Good times. Our house was fine though. Even our newly planted tree survived!